Wednesday 28 September 2011

So, what's this all about?

My son is just over one week old. This blog is for him.

23:48 is not about bringing up a newborn baby; it's just the random musings (as they like to say in the land of blog) of a guy who happens to be bringing up a newborn baby. There is a difference. I think. When I say that this blog is for my son I don't mean that it's a tribute of any sort. It's something that I want to make him aware of in years to come (possibly when he has a child of his own) after which he can enjoy scrolling through its pages to see what his dad was all about - what he was thinking about - at that same point in his life. Maybe he'll think I've changed. Maybe he'll think I haven't. Who knows? I've noticed a change in myself already, though. Definitely. My Google searches have gone from youtube mountain bike downhill to can newborn sleep with dummy? and I've even found that I've been visiting quite a lot of parenting forums.

If you're wondering why this admittedly poor quality picture is up here, it's because the Tomy Digital Plus baby monitor has now become the most important gadget in the house. Even the 3D Viewmaster has taken a back seat for now. Right now I'm sitting in the living room and  listening to the wee man getting cranky on the monitor - his mother is in the bedroom with him. On his first night home I was running in and out at every little sound. In the space of only a couple of days, though, I'd gotten to know what all the sounds mean. It's getting a little more comfortable now.

How often I'll post on here is anybody's guess; that will depend on how much free time I have on any given week. Enjoy.

jfn

No comments:

Post a Comment